Happy Mother's Day!
This post is dedicated to all you mommies out there. Though I have only been a mom for 5 months, I have loved every second of it. I truly never believed my mom when she would say to me, "You won't understand the worrying, just wait until you are a mom!" I never realized as she would wait by the door for me to come home on those late weekend nights what was going through her head. I didn't think anything was a big deal. Now I do. Boy, do I. Someone once told me that once you are a mom you are one forever, even if your child is 45 years old. You will continue to worry, support, and love your child forever.
I was home last weekend in Grand Rapids and I was dancing around the living room to entertain Lucie. I looked up and my mom said to me (with a serious look on her face), "you really could have been a professional dancer." Now, if any of you know me I danced throughout my childhood, but by no means could I have ever been a professional dancer! It was more of a hobby, if you know what I mean. Sure I can do the jive with the best of them, but you would never see me in the American Ballet Theater! I will never forget this moment because I just thought to myself, after all of those years of support my mom gave me while I was dancing, she STILL believes in me ten years later. Now, that is what I call dedication. I hope I can be the mom to Lucie that she was to me.
Below are pictures of moms that have truly helped me along during these first 5 months. Thank you for all of your support, love, and advice through everything. You have given me much to live up to as you are all amazing mothers (except Kari of course, but her nannying skills are quite impressive)!
I just saw your blog on Nicole's page. Lucie is soooo gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteHappy Mother'd Day!!
~Andrea D